Health Benefits Of Banana-17 Reasons To Always Add Banana To Your Diet.
Banana is one of the most available and commonly known fruit all over the world. The yellow curvy fruit is loaded with so much health benefits that are very essential to your body. A single piece of banana is said to contain only 90 calories, which also makes it a great and healthy food to be always consume rather than sugar loaded goodies or your deep-fried treats. Banana is very rich in fiber both soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber has the tendency to slow down digestion and keep you feeling full for a longer time. This is why you should include bananas in your daily diet so that you can start your day without having to worry about the next meal.
17 Reasons To Always Include Banana To Your Daily Diet.
1. Protects the heart:The potassium in bananas balances the fluids and the electrolytes in the body thus reduces the risk of heart attack. It fiber-rich contents can lower the risk of both cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
2. Boost Energy: Bananas is an instant energy booster. It contains sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose which provides you with instant energy. Eating 2 or 3 bananas before a strenuous workout can help sustain your blood sugar. It also protects you against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps.
3. Help fights Anemia: As bananas are highly rich in iron, they are very beneficial in treatment of anemia. Anemia is a condition where there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood. This lead to fatigue, shortness of breath, and paleness.
4. Allergy: Bananas consist of only beneficial amino-acids which are not allergic in most cases.
5. Constipation/Diarrhea: Bananas are given both as a diarrhea and constipation remedy since they normalize bowel function and Its high fiber contents and its ability to restore lost electrolytes in the body.
6. Dysentery: Mashed ripe bananas can efficiently treat dysentery when given to children.
7. Hangover: Bananas honey milkshake is a great hangover cure. It soothes your stomach and re-hydrates your body.
8. Quit Smoking: Bananas contain nutrients such as potassium and magnesium which helps remove the nicotine from your body. Bananas contain high levels of vitamins-B as well as other nutrients that help to speed up recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
9. Improve mood: An amino-acid called tryptophan present in bananas helps in serotonin production. The tryptophan in bananas is well-known for its sleep-inducing properties, and it also helpful in overcoming depression and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
10. Improves brain function: The potassium in bananas improves the development of brain functions as well as alertness. Eating banana can make you smarter and helps your learning ability by making you more alert at the moment.
11. Kidney Cancer: As bananas are rich in carbohydrates and low in protein, they are useful for treating kidney disorder. Moderates consumption of banana can help in protecting against kidney cancer because of its high level of antioxidant compounds.
12. Good for Blood: Vitamins B6 in bananas is useful in hemoglobin and antibody development in the blood. When it comes to nutrition banana is a rich source, It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, niacin, riboflavin and B6. They all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy.
13. Stomach ulcer: Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
14. Healthy Bones: The potassium in bananas reduces the risk of osteoporosis by improving the calcium absorption. Bananas contain an abundance of fructooligosaccharides. These are non digestive carbohydrates that encourage digestive-friendly priobotics and enhance the body’s ability to absorb calcium, which help keep the bones strong.
15. Body Temperature: Consuming 2 to 3 bananas can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a very hot sunny day.
16. Regulates Blood pressure: Bananas have low salt content and high potassium content, and these properties contribute to making its consumption important for those undergoing blood pressure conditions. It helps regulates heartbeats and blood pressure.
17. Bananas Aid Digestion: Banana helps in building up metabolism thereby supporting digestions due to its sweet and sour taste. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients in the body.
There are no side effects associated with eating bananas. But eating it in excess may triggers headaches and sleepiness, which are cause by the amino-acids and high amount of tryptophan it contains. And magnesium also relaxes the muscles. Eating bananas becomes significantly risky only if you eat too many of it at a time. If you eat dozens of bananas every day, there may be a risk of excessively high vitamin and mineral levels. It can also lead to tooth decay if you don’t practice proper dental hygiene maintenance.