16 Amazing Health Benefits Of Dates.
According to Wikipedia definitions Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as dates or date palm, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit. Although its place of origin is unknown because of long cultivation, it probably originated from the Fertile Crescent, region straddling between Egypt and Mesopotamia. It has been a staple food of the middle east and the Indus valley for thousands of years. Date palms begin to bear fruit at three to five years, and are fully mature at 12 years. Cultivated in arid regions of the world, wild populations can still be found around Jordan and the border between Iran and Iraq.
Dates are full of antioxidant. The three main antioxidants in dates are betta-carotene, lutein and zaaxanthin. These antioxidants protect against the free radicals which are responsible for cancers. They also contain fiber and amino-acids which are great for the digestive systems. Scientist has confirmed it to be the best food for heart attack,hypertension, strokes and cholesterol.
DATES ARE PACKED WITH HEALTH BENEFITS
A study reported that there are at least 15 minerals in dates that are very beneficial to the human body. The study concluded that dates could be considered a nearly ideal food, with a wide range of essential nutrients and potential health benefits. Here are 16 selected health benefits of eating Dates.
1. Strong Heart : To strengthen your heart and prevent heart issues, soak a few dates in the evening and drink the water in the morning. It potassium content is good for your heart.
2. Regulates blood pressure : Dates are high in magnesium and potassium so they are effective in the case of high blood pressure and regulation.
3. Regulates cholesterol : Dates prevents blood clotting and cleanse the blood vessels and control cholesterol level.
4. Prevent strokes : Dates are rich source of potassium which prevents strokes and promotes the health of nervous system in your body.
5. Iron Abundance : The high iron content in dates is especially helpful in the case of anemia in children and pregnant women and for your blood cells.
6. Treats Diarrhea : Potassium has a beneficial effect of the micro flora in the intestines and prevents diarrhea. Remedy for dysentery and intestinal disturbances.
7. Weight Loss : You should consume dates on an empty stomach in the morning to lose extra weight.
8. Good for Teeth : They contain fluorine which helps protect teeth from decaying(not to be confused with fluoride which is toxic).It strengthens your teeth.
9. Cure Abdominal cancer: Prevent abdominal cancer and cure intestinal disorders.
10. Increases sexual stamina : It improves the stamina of the male reproductive organ to delay ejaculation during sex.
11. Natural Laxatives: They’re easily digested, allowing your body to make full use of their goodness due to its ability to ferment quickly in the stomach. It helps empty the bowels.
12. Energy : Dates are great energy boosters. They contain natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose and fructose. Dates are a healthy way to boost your energy
13. Dietary : Dates provides dietary fiber, tannins, vitamin A, iron, potassium, calcium, beta carotene, zinc et.c and therefore are beneficial in improving digestive system especially in treatments of constipation.
14. Good for the Eye : Taking one date per day will help you maintain eye health all your life. It helps you to effectively guide against night blindness.
15. Remedy for Anemia : The high level of iron in dates balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness. It is beneficial for many health conditions but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia.
16. Strengthen Bones: The amount of minerals found in dates make them a super food for strengthening the bones and fighting off painful and debilitating diseases like Osteoporosis. Dates contains selenium, Manganese, Copper, and Magnesium, all of which are integral to healthy bones development and strengths, particularly as people age, their bones gradually weakens
They have a noble history that healers have used through centuries for many of the same properties they’re used for today. Dates by themselves are a wonderful snack. But make sure you eat them in moderation as a fruit it can contain high levels of fructose that can harm your health.
What do you think?…Please you can leave your comments below…….